PerBlue is looking for a talented UI/UX Artist to join our team. We make large mid-core multiplayer mobile games for iOS and Android played by millions of people around the world. We’re looking for a talented artist who can create high quality user interface assets and design user experiences to join our Creative Team.
In this product centric role, you’ll do everything from designing user flows to creating the 2D UI art assets used in our mobile games. You’ll make everything from full screen mockups to individual HUD elements and icons, and your work will directly impact each and every player.
You’ll be deeply involved throughout the production process and play a key role in helping shape the visual style of our games. This very collaborative role is cross-functional and cross-product, and you’ll work closely with the Art Director, Product Managers, Developers, and Game Designers.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Minimum of 2+ years experience in a UI/UX Artist role in mobile, games, and/or web
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.)
- Strong artistic background, training, and sensibilities
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written, interpersonal)
- Passion and vision for creating UI art assets with an eye for branding and cohesive visual product style
- A strong portfolio showing past success in this role
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Interest and familiarity with mobile games, in particular those in the RPG genre
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment while being able to maintain a high quality bar
- Ability to work within constraints and accept critiques
- Ability to think creatively to find unique solutions to visual problems
- Ability to work in a variety of art styles
- Desire and willingness to learn new technology and tools
- Be results-oriented with strong independent time management skills
- Experience creating complicated and information-dense UI screens a plus
- Experience with game design a plus
- Experience with Unity a plus
Details & Perks
PerBlue is a quickly growing independent studio whose free-to-play mobile games have been played by millions of people around the world. We offer 6+ weeks of paid vacation and health, dental, and vision insurance as well as 401k. We have a catered lunch program, a snack-stocked kitchen, and a refrigerator full of liquid refreshments. You'll get membership to our local hackerspace Sector67 and enjoy our regular socials. You'll be part of an energetic and collaborative environment, and work with a great team. We have flexible hours and are located in a vibrant neighborhood in beautiful downtown Madison.
PerBlue is an independent game development studio based in Madison, WI with a highly skilled team of amazingly talented people. We’ve been named a “Top Developer” by Google, a “Best Place to Work” by Madison Magazine, and “Madison's Favorite Tech Startup” by the Isthmus. This is a full time position based in Madison, WI. Compensation is competitive and based on experience.