PerBlue is looking for a detail-oriented Creative Coordinator to facilitate the production of creative assets for our mobile games. We’re a quickly growing independent studio whose free-to-play mobile games have been played by millions of people around the world.
You must be extremely process focused and organized, but also have an artistic eye. Our ideal candidate should have a good mix of left and right brain skills like: meticulous attention to detail, great communication skills, a tenacious eye for visual quality, and a creative imagination. You should crave organization and checklists on the one hand, but also have good sense of character, story and environment design on the other. You should thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and be effective at juggling concurrent products, pipelines, and releases.
You'll be responsible for effectively managing art production pipelines across multiple products, working with both external contractors and in-house artists. This is a cross-functional role that interacts regularly with the Chief Product Officer, Art Director, and Product Owners. Throughout the production process you’ll ensure creative assets are aligned with the creative direction, maintain visual consistency and quality, and are delivered on schedule. You should be experienced at managing all aspects of creative service production pipelines - from writing spec documents to tracking assets in production to handing off final assets for implementation.
Specific Requirements & Qualifications
- 1+ year managing a creative production pipeline
- Strong understanding of 2D and 3D digital art asset production pipelines and software tools
- Desire and willingness to learn new technology and tools
- Ability to effectively provide constructive feedback (verbal and written) to drive the creative process and deliver superb results
- Ability to effectively communicate with producers, artists, and management
- Close attention to detail, process driven, and results-focused
- Proactive and able to take ownership of processes and projects
- Strong artistic background and sensibilities (in one or more areas of 2D, 3D, concepting, animation, VFX, etc)
- Prior experience at a game studio (mobile, console, or PC)
- Interest in brand development and concepting
- Understanding of mobile technological constraints and challenges
- Ability to provide feedback via actual paintovers is a plus
- Unity experience is a big plus
Compensation and Benefits
We offer 6+ weeks of paid vacation and health, dental, and vision insurance as well as 401k. We have a catered lunch program, a snack-stocked kitchen, and a refrigerator full of liquid refreshments. You'll get membership to our local hackerspace Sector67 and enjoy our regular socials. You'll be part of an energetic and collaborative environment, and work with a great team. We have flexible hours and are located in a vibrant neighborhood in beautiful downtown Madison.
PerBlue is an independent game development studio based in Madison, WI with a highly skilled team of amazingly talented people. We’ve been named a “Top Developer” by Google, a “Best Place to Work” by Madison Magazine, and “Madison's Favorite Tech Startup” by the Isthmus. This is a full time position based in Madison, WI. Compensation is competitive and based on experience.